Friday 22 July 2016

Handmade First Birthday Invites

Hi all,
I can't believe it has been a year since I was blessed with a baby boy. Never knew that a year can run so far but at the same time each and every moment was cherished to the core. My little bundle has kept me extremely busy but I somehow managed to find time to craft a little bit amidst mommy duties and work.


I planned to create all the birthday invites by hand , but making 100 so with limited supplies, stamping, die cutting, and NO MISTI or similar tool seemed a daunting task.

I planned the outer layer to be handmade and designed the details sections and printed out on 3.5X5.5 size 160 gsm paper.
FOr the outer, I chose two color tones, Yellow and Blue.
The background is colored using distress inks and I stamped the tree branches, mobile, baby bottle and Little WOnder sentiment from Peek-a-boo Designs stampsets. I have colored then using plain old sketch pens that you get for 20/- a set.

FOr te focal image, I deliberated for a long time, I didn't know what to choose. FInally I went with Jane's Doodles stampset adn took the bundled baby image.
I stamped the image around 100 times in various sheets and colored them using watercolors in different colors. Hey , it is goog to have variety :)

I cut them out using a circle die and cut out a scalloped circle in a different color using a co-ordinating bigger size so that I can layer them together to make the focal point.

I connected allt he elements to the tree as if they were hanging from the branches and this completed my card.

Here are a few more pictures.!









Entering it to the below challenges

Peek-a-boo Layered Projects

Paru's Challenges: Happy Birthday

Ranganjali  I have used geometric zigzag in the inside card invites


Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes 



10 comments:

  1. Cute bday invite card...thanks for sharing at PABD challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous invites Uma thank you for joining us over on
    Inspiration Destination
    Dianne xx
    IDCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun cards!!! amazing that you managed so much crafting with a one year old!! Happy birthday to your little one and you!!
    Thanks so much for playing Paru’s Card Making Challenges

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Thank you so much paru for dropping by.. Yes it is quite a bit daunting with him crawling all around, so I push all my crafting to the night time :)

      Delete
  4. Such a cute set of cards... And love how you used small images so cleverly..
    Thank you for joining us at Peek-a-boo challenge this month...

    Swapna,
    Peek-a-boo design team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Swapna for cropping by and leaving such warm words!

      Delete
  5. Lovely set of cards and beautiful coloring Uma! :) Thank you so much for playing along Challenge #8 over at Peek-a-Boo Designs!
    All the best! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking your time out to share your love! It helps so much for a beginner like me to get some feedback!! Please do link up your blog in the comments, I will love to drop by in
xoxoxo
Uma Iyer

Featured post

More than words - A Keepsake Pregnancy Journal

Hey there fellas! I know it has been a crazy long time since I wrote a post! Let me try to be more regular from here on :) One of the mo...