Sunday 23 August 2020

Krishna Journal Page

 Hello there people!

Finally i am writing back on my blog after more than 2.5 years. My last post on blog was on Nov 2017! Whaaaaaaaaaaat ????? 

Even though I was very active on my Instagram profile and could not manage both, I always missed the long detail rants that I can have on my blog that I was unable to express on Instagram. 

During this lockdown I have started doing journal pages to start using up my supplies. There are so many artists who have super beautiful and complex journal page layouts, but my style always depends on the mood on the day that I am working. Some days it is grunge, some time it is fun and quirky and sometime it is a take on India, Hinduism, and deities, murals and related stuff. 


This page is a take on cute achukuttan or Krishna, Whenever i feel not in a great mood to craft or sketch, the best thing for me to do is sketch him out. Because however you sketch or whatever mistakes you make, he will always turn out beautiful and charm you and your day!



I prepped the base ( just couple of copy papers folded in 2 and glued together) with gesso and applied acrylic paints with a baby wipe. I did a few stenciling of brick patterns but I really did not like that look and blended over it with distress inks to try and mute it. 

I then free handed Krishna and painted him in yellow and blue. I was thinking what to do with the peacock feather. I did not have one and wasnot sure if would get it right by painting. That is when my eyes fell upon Mudra's chipzeb in paisley pattern which was waiting to be used on my desk. I grabbed a couple and embossed it with Wow Iridium Glitter and added it as his head gear. I love how this turned out!

I love adding sentiments on the my journal pages. So added Om Namo Narayana using a while gel pen on a black cardstock and added it. 

I felt it still lacked some border, so I reached out to the Peek-a-boo designs paisley stamps and picked the small shell stamp. I have had this stampset for a couple of years but never used this particular stamp. How was it so meant to be that Krishna's layout had to have a conch shell border!! Divine intervention or not, it was made for this project. 




Let me know what you think about this project. And hopefully i am more active and blogging again!

Linking this up to the below challenges. 

Mudra Craft Challenge #34:

Products used:

  • Mudra Chipzeb - Paisley
  • Peek-a-boo designs Motifs stampset
  • Fevicryl Hobby Colors for the background
  • Distress Inks
  • Ranger Archival Black Ink
  • Gelly Roll No 10 - White Pen


2 comments:

  1. Awesome❤️ Thank you for taking part in Mudra Challenge. Manasa Priya, DT Mudra Stamps.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking your time out to share your love! It helps so much for a beginner like me to get some feedback!! Please do link up your blog in the comments, I will love to drop by in
xoxoxo
Uma Iyer

Featured post

More than words - A Keepsake Pregnancy Journal

Hey there fellas! I know it has been a crazy long time since I wrote a post! Let me try to be more regular from here on :) One of the mo...