Wednesday 26 August 2020

The Gandiva Bow - Art Journal Layout

Hello crafty friends,

I am back with another art journal layout today.  I was so happy with my previous one which I made of Lord Krishna ( you can check it out here ) that I decided to pick inspiration from one of our epics, The Mahabharath. 

In Mahabharath, one of the central characters is Arjun ( my son is also named as Arjun :) ) and he is a highly skilled warrior. He is an are archer and his archery skills are highly detailed out in the epic. There was no one to better him ( set aside Karna and Ekalavya, who were tricked never to overshadow Arjun ). Setting aside all these, in his own merit he was a great warrior and he received the powerful Gandiva bow from Varuna and the sound of Gandiva is said to have sent fear to the enemies on the other side. 

So here is my take on the Gandiva bow, sketched and painted using pearl colors and fineliners. 


I have used Mudra's Arrow chipzeb to denote the array of arrows that came from the bow. 



I had this stamp from Itsy Bitsy which is a swirly pattern and almost looked like a bow, so did some shadow stamping using Ranger Archival Inks.

By the way, the background is done using Itsy Bitsy Color splashes , Distress oxide inks and some stenciling using icraft stencils. I did the background after painting the Gandiva bow. I thought i was going to ruin it, but somehow made it work by a bit of masking using copy paper.

 

I finished off the bow with some rhinestones and of course, you can't have a bow without the string!. It looks and feels so good in real life. This is what makes art journal so inviting to me. The look, feel, textural elements and connect you have with it, because you are making it for yourself is matchless. 



What is the Gandiva without Arjun's names! Some of his names are written in Hindi. They are Gandivadari Arjun , Partha, Dhananjaya, Vijaya. 

Let me know what you think of this project!

Entering this to the below challenges:

9 comments:

  1. A lovely page. Nice to hear the story that goes along with it. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking your time out Elaine!

      Delete
  2. Wow - such detail on this. Thanks for sharing over at The Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely words Laurie!

      Delete
  3. what a lovely card, im loving the bow and arrows. Thank you for playing along with us at My Time To Craft . DT Judith x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful words Judith!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful ❤️ Thank you for taking part in Mudra Challenge. Manasa Priya, DT Mudra Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Manasa for heading over here!

      Delete
  5. URGENT LOAN IS AVAILABLE NOW

    TODAY I GOT MY DESIRED LOAN AMOUNT $760K FROM A RELIABLE,TRUSTED AND REGISTERED PRIVATE LOAN COMPANY LAST WEEK,BUSINESS/HOME/COMPANY/PROJECT/PERSONAL LOAN? ARE NOW AFFORDABLE HERE FOR YOU TODAY CONTACT Email profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

    Hello, I'm here to testify of how i got my real estate business loan from PROF. MRS.DOROTHY JEAN INVESTMENTS (profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com) I don't know if you are in need of an urgent loan to pay bills, start business or build a house, they offer all kinds of loan Ranging from $5,000.00USD to $2,000,000.00USD with a low interest rate of 2% and loan duration of 1 to 33 years to pay back the loan secure and unsecured. Are you losing sleep at nights worrying how to get a Legit Loan Lender?
    MRS.DOROTHY JEAN holds all of the information about how to obtain money quickly and painlessly without cost/stress via Contacts Email profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com


    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking your time out to share your love! It helps so much for a beginner like me to get some feedback!! Please do link up your blog in the comments, I will love to drop by in
xoxoxo
Uma Iyer

Featured post

More than words - A Keepsake Pregnancy Journal

Hey there fellas! I know it has been a crazy long time since I wrote a post! Let me try to be more regular from here on :) One of the mo...