Sunday 6 September 2020

Quick Art Journal Layout - Cactus!

 Hello everyone!

I am so happy coz it is my 200th post today! Had there not been a couple of years gap in this blog, this milestone would have happened long back! But still, time to move now and keep sharing the work consistently in this space!

Today I have for you all an easy art journal layout page. Here it is first!



You can create this with any small stamps that you have and make that into a focal point. To take the fear of backgrounds away, I have a easy fix. Whenever you are apprehensive of doing backgrounds for a journal, try this technique.

  1. Take few pieces of cardstock or pattern paper in the shade you want your background. 
  2. Stick them randomly one on top of the other varying the spacing and orientation. This will give you a look of lot of tiles piled on top of each other
  3. Give a coat of white or clear gesso. 
  4. Pick your main colors. Today I have picked lime green and yellow. You can use any medium you want here. I have used watercolors, distress crayons and markers. 
  5. Keep the tile portions lighter and add shadows to the edges using black or brown so that it adds a lot of the depth to the layout. 
  6. Pick out any small stamp and repeat the design on few tiles and color them accordingly. I have used Itsy Bitsy Cactus stamphere. Arent they just cute?
  7. Add a sentiment or label that goes with your journal page theme
  8. Tada! your quick page is ready! I love to add white splashes and highlights, but that is totally optional. Also if your journal pages seem sticky on closing them use a bit of wax on your finished layouts :) 

Wasn't it easy? 

Entering this journal page to the following challenges

6 comments:

  1. I took a break too Uma, and it's just lovely to be back crafting isn't it! Happy 200th post! Love your beautiful bright green and yellow page and I have a soft spot for cacti too :) Thanks for all your useful tips! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Yes!, hope you a re having as well! and thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your 200th post! I just love your cactus filled journal page. What is it about cacti that just make you happy! Love the added squares and the text feature too! This came out really well! Thanks for playing along with our first challenge at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot nancy for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your 200th post - and how thrilled we are that you celebrated it with us at our new challenge! Your cacti journal page is a lovely work of art! Fabulous! Thank you for joining us at Colour Hues!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot carol for supporting through your comments!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking your time out to share your love! It helps so much for a beginner like me to get some feedback!! Please do link up your blog in the comments, I will love to drop by in
xoxoxo
Uma Iyer

Featured post

More than words - A Keepsake Pregnancy Journal

Hey there fellas! I know it has been a crazy long time since I wrote a post! Let me try to be more regular from here on :) One of the mo...