Monday 22 August 2016

Dear Brother...

Hey all,
I am posting a couple date late of Raksha Bandan. For those who are not aware of it, Raksha Bandan is a festival celebrated in India which glorifies the love and bond between a brother and sister. It does not restrict to a blood relationship, but anyone who has shown the love and respect for a girl in a brotherly fashion is honoured o  this day.
Usually the girl ties a 'Rakhi", a thread on the boy's hand seeking protection and in turn gets some gifts fro the brother.




I have made a card using the Raksha Bandan stamp set from the Craftyscrappers bundle of stamps. Since I wanted it to have a traditional look I went for stamping the feather in multi colors using memento inks and heat embossed the sentiment using clear embossing powder and versafine ink. I left the rakhi to be plain as i liked the look better this way.
The cover is just made up of watercolored background and I have hand-lettered the word 'brother'.
Let me know what you think of this guys.
Entering it to the following challenges:

Paru's Card making challenges: FAMILY:

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking your time out to share your love! It helps so much for a beginner like me to get some feedback!! Please do link up your blog in the comments, I will love to drop by in
xoxoxo
Uma Iyer

Featured post

More than words - A Keepsake Pregnancy Journal

Hey there fellas! I know it has been a crazy long time since I wrote a post! Let me try to be more regular from here on :) One of the mo...